Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Obama All Around The World....

Monday, January 6, 2009 - I got back from winter holiday extremely sick from food poisoning. We think it was from the Mee-Hon dish I ate in Langkawi. Langkawi is an island in Malaysia. The airlines tried to prevent me from flying, wasn't happening.

Finally, back in Japan. Sick and all, I went to a convenient store to buy saltine crackers; since I was waiting for the train (in a small town named Omiimazu) about 40 minutes from Obamashi. And found this magazine on the newsstands.


I don't know what it says, I'm working on that...Check out how his legs are crossed.

Got to love caricatures.

It was jaw dropping to see Obama talked about in Malaysia. Yea, I saw news coverage about people supporting him worldwide but to experience it. It's like Whoa. In Japan it breathtaking and now in Malaysia....it reinforced my travel desires to see the world.

What you think about this worldwide coverage?


Barack Obama in KL!!! I was surprised Barack Obama was on Malaysia's Newsweek cover. They had a Times magazine too (with Obama) but we gave it to one of our other travel companions. Yea, I know you wondering why I was surprised. I told you I didn't see him in China. China don't get down with the brown people like that. They'll come around.

We got to Hotel Equatorial, which was great! It was a wonderful place and guess what...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - We arrive in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from Shanghai, China. We didn't get to tour Shanghai but Beijing was definitely a sight to see. No Obama there. :-(

No comments: